Microsoft Office comprises a bundle of useful applications and services, each created for individual usage. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are the most popular Office programs. Apart from the three leading programs, OneDrive, Publisher, Access, Outlook, and Skype are also rather popular. When going got Microsoft Office setup, one can either go for subscription-based Office versions like Office 365, or single-time purchase such as Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, and Office 2010. Microsoft Office setup is compatible with multiple operating systems and devices such as Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, etc. To download your Office setup file, visit office.com/setup.
Steps for Purchasing Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office can either be purchased from a nearby retail store. Simply walk into a neighboring retail store, select the Office product you wish to purchase, make the payment and get the complete setup kit laced with an installation disc and product key. You can also buy it online. Follow the steps given below and purchase Microsoft Office over the internet:
- Firstly, you need to navigate to the Microsoft Product webpage.
- For that, navigate to www.office.com/setup.
- Now, select the Office package you want to buy.
- Click on Buy Office.
- Choose the edition of Office you wish to get.
- Hit the Buy Now button. This button is greenish in color and is located at the lower side of the selected Office edition.
- Now, just press the Checkout button located at the right edge of the screen.
- Wait for the prompt to appear.
- Log in by entering the Microsoft email ID.
- Now, click on the Next button.
- Key in the password.
- Hit the Sign in button.
- Even when the user is already logged into their Microsoft account, they shall have to key in the password and press the Sin On button when the prompt appears.
- Press the Place Order button located at the right corner of the screen.
- Now, the purchase Office product can be downloaded and installed on the computer.
Download and Install Microsoft Office Setup on Windows
After purchasing the Office setup, you can download and install it. Just make sure that your system is compatible with the product. Follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the Office account webpage.
- In the web browser, type office.com/setup.
- Now, you will be taken to the Office setup webpage.
- Hit the Install button located under the name of the Office product.
- Click-twice on the MS Office setup file.
- The file will be located in the Downloads folder.
- Run the setup file by clicking on the Yes button.
- Microsoft Office will get installed in some time.
- Click on the Close button when the process is over.
- After activating the setup, you can use Office apps.
Download and Install Office Setup on Mac
Microsoft Office is compatible with macOS. Just ensure that you have removed any conflict-causing programs from the system. Here are the steps to download and install Microsoft Office on your Mac:
- Firstly, you need to visit the MS Office account webpage.
- Navigate to office.com/setup.
- Now, hit the orange-hued button named Install.
- Click on the same button once more to download the Office setup.
- Now, launch Finder from the Dock.
- Go to the downloads section.
- Click twice on the downloaded Setup file to run it.
- Hit the Continue button two times.
- Click on the Agree button.
- Click once more on the Continue button.
- Now, click on the Install button.
- Key in the required password.
- Click on the Install Software button.
- Press the Close button.
Activate Microsoft Office Setup
The final step to complete the setup process is activation. Here’s the process to activate MS Office:
- Open any newly installed MS Office app.
- Now, the activation wizard window will automatically appear on the screen.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account, if necessary.
- Choose the mode of activation as online.
- Now, take out the 25 characters alphanumeric product key received at the time of purchase.
- Enter the key in the blank.
- Follow the guidelines on the screen.
- Your product is now activated.